I meant to have put this post on here earlier but did not get round to doing it and did not get round to using the robber screen as it was.
The first day I started feeding I had a problem with robbing, noticed it pretty quickly so I put grass in the entrance and left it, in between time Mike went and researched robber screens and I kept an eye on the hive, reduced the entrance to even smaller one and left it.
I kept a very close eye on the hive with its reduced entrance and if there was any other robbers I would have changed it for the robber screen but that was not the case so have not tried it. It is very good to know we have it. After that the bees did not get robbed, they protected the entrance really well and did not let any introders in. I stopped feeding in mid September left the super reduced entrance for a little bit longer and then changed it for a a reduced entrance. We had a couple of weeks of cold and wet weather but now it is dry, sunny and a bit warmer they are picking pollen again, there is not that much more for them to pick anymore we have Autumnal wild crocuses and asters, Autumn raspberries.